If our home is practically our universe, where we feel embraced and welcomed, what about the little room? This is where they spend much of their time playing, learning and recharging their energies. But for all of this to work properly, the room must be vibrating at the best frequency. That’s where the Feng Shui, ancient Chinese technique that helps to align and harmonize these energies.
And know that there are very simple ways to achieve balance and ensure well-being. Check out the tips from the experts in this technique below and put it into practice today!
1. Position furniture with discretion
To let the energy flow freely through the environment, here are some pointers:
– Do not place the crib or bed in a corner, as this can make the little one anxious and defensive;
– Do not place the bed under the window or with feet towards the door, as the energy flow is constant at these points;
– Do not lean the cradle or bed against walls where hydraulic pipes pass – they drain the energy;
– Do not install shelves and cabinets on top of the bed, as they overwhelm and can still cause accidents.
2. Be careful with the mirror
It is not that he is banned … The Montessori proposal for the baby’s self-knowledge is very valid. “However, the mirror is a real energy thief and disrupts sleep. So that this does not happen, position it in a way that does not reflect the bed or cradle ”, teaches Lilian Morsch, architect of 108 architecture, specialist in interior design with Feng Shui.
3. Let the light in
Natural lighting is essential for energy exchange. “The window is where vital energy comes in,” explains Lilian. However, she recommends paying attention to excess brightness, which can impair deep rest. It is necessary to regulate the entry of natural lighting with curtains in order to make the climate pleasant.
4. Delete the corners
“Corners are considered sharp and negative energy, and should not point to a crib or a breastfeeding chair. Better to choose furniture with rounded corners ”, advises Cris Ventura, Feng Shui consultant. Other options are to sand the corners and use rounded corner protectors.
5. Avoid electronic devices
To ensure tranquility and not interfere with sleep, take the electronics out of the room, which have strong electromagnetic energy. “Give preference to rope or battery models, in the case of mobiles and watches”, exemplifies Cris.
6. Know the power of colors
Yes, they are able to interfere with our behaviors and sensations. Therefore, pay attention when choosing the decoration tones.
– For babies: “In this case, we seek comfort, peace and tranquility in the little room. For this reason, I advise you not to overdo the strong colors – leave them for stimulating objects ”, says Lilian. “I like green, a color of health, balance and growth; light pink, which contains a fire element, more stimulating, combined with white or green; and light blue, which contains the water element, which is pure emotion ”, adds Cris.
– For children up to 7 years old: “The colors here can have much more space. But look at your child’s personality. If the child is very agitated, has difficulty sleeping, avoid warm tones. Yellow, red and orange are colors of fire and activate energy, so they cannot be protagonists of this environment, but of course they can be on specific objects ”, he advises.
7. Decorative items: few and organized
The excess of objects generates energy accumulation, therefore, the recommendation is to make the decoration cleaner. “If you get a lot of treats, keep some in the closet and renew the decor from time to time,” suggests Cris. In addition, the mess also affects the energy of the room and the fewer items, the easier it is to keep everything organized.
8. Choose the best themes
It is not for nothing that nature is one of the mothers’ preferences for the nursery. “These images are excellent and promote growth. But make sure that there are no drawings of ferocious animals, so as not to encourage aggression ”, points out Lilian. Aquatic reasons are also good choices, but the architect advises that they are not excessive, at risk of causing some tiredness and issues related to breathing and kidneys.
9. Attention to inherited parts
Used furniture and items can enter, but you need to know their stories and have good memories from them. “In this case, it is good to do an energetic cleaning, change handles, paint or restore, so that you put your energy in the object and bring the freshness of the new time”, guides Lilian.
10. Leave the door closed
In the case of suites, keep the bathroom door closed. “Inside, we have the water element in abundance, unbalancing the other environments. The door makes a protective barrier ”, explains Lilian. And Cris gives one more suggestion: “Place a crystal sphere of Feng Shui (multifaceted), 4 cm in diameter, in the bathroom door frame”.
11. Bet on the scents
Want to make the little ones calmer, help them sleep and have sweet dreams? The aroma of lavender is clear. “Dilute in a spray or ceramic container. Essential oils are the purest and must be well diluted in water, since they are concentrated ”, warns Cris. And she also recommends cleaning the room with 3 drops of eucalyptus oil to eliminate bad energy.
12. Choose the most pleasant sounds
Sounds are also able to balance vital energy. Prefer the little sounds of nature, such as running water, rain and birdsong, to create a warm, calm and full of love. Other options are instrumental music and mantras.